01. “My sister wanted ________ to go the movies with her last night.”
02. A big ship was seen. ________ was moving stately northwards.
03. “________ is raining hard”.
04. (UNESP) I know he’ll tell ________ a different story.
05. “She always speaks to ________ in Spanish”.
06. (Cesesp) “I was going to send them a letter but ________ changed my mind”.
07. (Cesesp) “Did you read this bock?”
“ Yes, but it was difficult ________ to understand”.
a) for hers
b) for they
c) for your
d) for me
e) for yourself
08. The scientists did not keep the results of their experiments with ________
09. If you have any of the above symptoms call the doctor and tell ________ what you feel.
10. (Fuvest – adapt.) John and Mary are asking for some juice.
May I take ________ to ________?
a) he – they
b) it – them
c) she – them
d) him – us
e) it – they
11. ________ work in the field of medicine.
12. We have to trust ________.
13. The king asked if ________ was a great king.
14. (Cescea-SP) If you meet Peter and Greta at the party, please give ________ my regards.
15. (PUC-SP) Mary did not see the banana skin and slipped on ________.
16. (Londrina-PR) He told us a lie but he would rather die than admit ________.
17. I’d like to drink Guaraná. Could you give ________ one?
18. (Cesesp) “That old gentleman needs ________ to help ________”.
a) somebody – him
b) anybody – he
c) everyone – he
d) anyone – he
e) she – him
19. (Cesesp) –– “Nobody likes Janet”.
___ “What caused ________ disliked by her classmates?”
a) she be
c) she to be
d) her to be
e) him to be
20. (Cesed) Tom: –– “Have you seen Peter and Charles, lately?”
Jane: –– “No in England, they used to study with ________.
Now that we are in Brazil they haven’t shown up”.
21. (F. Carlos Chagas) The girls are sleeping. Don’t call ________. They are tired.
22. Last Sunday ________ went to the football game.
a) him and I
b) he and I
c) I and him
d) he and me
e) him and me
23. She lives near ________ in the old house.
24. ________ always helps ________ with my homework.
a) She – I
b) He – we
c) He – me
d) They – I
e) We – them
25. “Children have to be immunized; you have to immunize ________.”
26. (Cesesp) My sister and I told my little brother a story.
a) We told him a story.
b) Our told him a story.
c) They told him a story.
d) Mine told me a story
e) Ours told me a story.
27. Peter and Paul love Mary but ________ doesn’t love ________ because she’s with Joseph.
a) She, him
b) she, them
c) they, her
d) them, she
e) she they
28. (Fesp) “Where’s your sister Mary? I want to talk to ________ immediately”.
29. –– Charles and I need to talk to you about the project. Could you meet ________ around four o’clock? –– Sure.
Sally: Why has Internet boomed so dramatically?
David: Part of the answer is fashion. Technology for young people today is new, it is exciting and it is the difference between ________ and the older generation.
31. (Cesesp) They say that vampires cannot see ________ in mirror. This one can’t see ________ at all”.
a) themselves – himself
b) himself – themselves
c) their – own
d) itself – himself
e) ourselves – itself
32. (Cesesp) “The student ________ wrote a letter to the teacher explaining why she did take the test”.
Janet: –– “My teacher said that this is a very good composition. He didn’t believe that did it all by ________”.
Fred: –– “Really”.
Tom: –– Did you friend buy ________ a new hat?”
Jane: –– “Yes, ,she did”.
35. (Cesesp) Our company’s new automatic machines can adjust ________ to a variety of pressures and temperatures.
36. (Objetivo-SP) Assinale a alternativa que completaria com um pronome reflexivo adequado a seguinte frase: “ People should try to see ________________ as others see them.”
37. (Osec-SP) I fell and cut ________ with a knife the other day. Peter’s father advised ________ to go and see a doctor.
He ________ took me to the hospital.;
I had my arm X rayed and a penicillin injection.
a) me, me, himself
b) myself, him, himself
c) myself, me, himself
d) me, me, myself
e) him, me him
38. (Covest) Computers and networks isolate us from ________.
a) each other
c) one another
39. (Santa Casa-SP) “Why don’t they enjoy ________ instead of watching that dull TV programme?
40. (Fesp) We are going to answer the test by ________.
c) we are selves
e) we are self
41. (ITA-SP) She knew ________ better than he knew ________.
a) himself, him
b) himself, himself
c) him, himself
d) he, himself
42. (F. C. Chagas-BA) Those old people cannot carry the suitcases ________.
43. (S.Casa-SP) In some clinics alcoholics have to look after ________.
44. “Helen and I shouldn’t really blame ________ for the mistake”.
45. “As Frank ________ could not o to the movies, he gave ________ ticket to Mary”.
a) himself, hers
b) would, his
d) himself, his
46. You ________ cannot be sure of the number of cativities.
47. It was the widow ________ who told ________ not to go there.
a) herself / our
b) itself / me
c) itself / him
d) myself / me
e) herself / me
48. We should know about ________
49. Helen ________ wanted to communicate with other people.
50. The Indians found ________ fighting in a war that was not theirs.