51. Do you like to eat ________?
c) by yourself
e) “b” e “c” são corretas
52. The boys are now writing to ________ daily.
a) each other
b) one another
e) all are correct
53. I feel proud of ________ because I won the prize.
e) by myself
54. Helen, however, prefers to go________ to London.
a) each other
c) by herself
e) by himself
55. They hurt ________ while playing baseball.
d) one another
56. Little Jane and her sister went to the park alone.
a) by themselves
b) by herself
c) for herself
d) for themselves
e) with them
57. The old man ________ did the whole garden.
e) by herself
–– “Did John and the rest of his class enjoy ________ at the party?”
–– “Yes, they had a wonderful time”.
59. –– “Who helped you with your homework?”
–– “Nobody did. I did it by ________ “.
60. (Cesesp) “When she saw my books she remembered that she left ________ at home”.
61. (Cesesp) “Nowadays, women are struggling for ________ rights more efficiently than ________ have ever done before”.
a) their / they
b) hers / I
c) theirs / she
d) its / she
e) her / them
62. (Cesesp) “Peter and Anne are friend of _________ I like _________ very much. I suppose _________ also like me”.
a) me / they / she
b) mine / them / they
c) yours / her / she
d) them / them / they
e) him / him / he
63. “A good father loves ________ children”.
Tom: –– “Are these new shoes yours or your sister’s?
Jane: –– “They’re _____. My sister’s are those over there”.
65. (F. M. Santa Casa.SP) There are many painkillers I can prescribe for ________ kind of headache.
66. (F.M. Santa Casa-SP) I’ve already taken my vitamins, have the children taken ________ ?
67. (ITA-SP) Those of us who wear glasses should have__________ eyes examined at regular intervals.
68. (Unesp) Peter brought his dogs and I brought ________.
d) the mine
69. (Cescem) He spent ________ lonely hours writing love letters.
70. –– “All these houses belong to Mary’s friends”.
“ Are they really all ________?”
–– “I forgot my book at home”.
–– “Never mind! You can use ________ since I don’t have an English class today”.
72. –– “I’m going for a bicycle ride. Would you like to join me?”
–– “I don’t have a bicycle but Peter does. Perhaps I can use ________”.
a) his one
b) of his
d) of him
e) the one of him
73. (Santa Casa–SP)
–– “Whose are these shoes?”
–– “They are ________ shoes. They belong to ________.
They are ________”.
a) his / he / him
b) yours / your / your
c) their / theirs / them
d) our / us / ours
e) hers / she / her
74. All ________ shoes were very old so she decided to buy some new ones.
75. John studies in ________ room.
I study in ________ room.
You write in ________ copybook.
We prepare ________ homework everyday.
a) his / mine / your / our
b) him / my / your / our
c) his / my / yours / ours
d) his / my / your / our
e) him / mine / yours / ours
76. (Uberlãndia-MG) They went in a spaceship. ________ name was Apollo 11.
77. (UFRN) Where do young people go for ________ holldays?
78. (PUC/Campinas-SP) “Joao and Maria, what are ________ surnames, please?”
79. (F.C.Chagas/BA) These are ________ pens, not ________.
a) my / yours
b) my / your
c) me / you
d) mine / yours
e) mine / yours
80. “Where are you going on ________ vacation? I hope to spend ________ in Europe”.
a) yours / mine
b) your / mine
c) my / yours
d) your / my
e) mine / your
81. I left ________ pen at home. May I borrow ________ for a moment?
a) my / yours
b) his / my
c) mine / your
d) my / your
e) mine / yours
82. Will you please correct her exercise while Paul and I finish ________?
83. “These men are sad because ________ wives had an accident”.
84. It was a very good book but their children tore all ________ pages last week.
85. George’s wife has shown ________ husband that he was wrong.
86. “She always does well on all ________ examination while ________ sister doesn’t wan to prepare ________”.
a) his / hers / her
b) her / her / hers
c) his / his / his
d) her / his / her
e) her / hers / hers
87. “Both boys ride ________ bikes to school”.
88. “Polyana had a pretty little cat that waved ________ tail every time when she was coming home”.
89. A alternativa que corretamente preenche as lacunas I, II e III de:
The new Verona is not _________ (I) and it is not _________ (II) either. It is _________ (III).
90. (Cesesp) Where’s my key? I can’t find it ___________________
c) in everywhere
e) in nowhere
91. (Cesesp) “I didn’t meet ________ at school this morning”.
c) no one
92. (Cesesp) “You can take a portable cassette deck practically ________”.
93. (Cesesp) “He had read so ________ books that he couldn’t do ________ else”
a) much – anything
b) much – nothing
c) many – nothing
d) many – anything
e) several – anything
94. (Cesesp) There aren’t ________ people at the party, are there?
b) lot of
c) a lot
95. (Fesp) “She puts too ________ sugar in her coffee”.
a) a little
d) a few
96. (UFRN) There is ________ on the phone. I think it’s Mary.
c) no one
97. (F.M. Santa Clara)The problem was often discussed but ________ solution was ever found.
98. (F.Objetivo-SP) “If you have ________ difficulty with the question, ask the teacher for help”.
99. (F. Carlos Chagas-BA) There aren’t ________ seats available.
b) a lot
100. (UFCE) A lot of passengers entered the train. There were ________ passengers in it.
c) lot of
d) lots of